Notice Of Race 2012
1) This is a friendly competition designed for sailors of all skill levels. We will be there to answer questions and get you started right!
2) This Event is FREE! We even provide you with a GPS ready to go!
3) The event will be starting in a few weeks, and will run through October 15th. You may sail any day during this period. In the Midwest Speed Quest YOU decide when you want to race.
4) This Event will follow all rules and methods set out by GPS Speed Surfing.com. We carefully analyze the GPS data on a computer using Approved Software. We then post your speeds in the appropriate Category on the 2011 Rankings Page. It is exciting to see an exact profile of your runs.
5) Ranking shall be based on the calculation of the "The Best Ten Second Run".
6) The Official GPS of The Midwest Speed Quest is the LOCOSYS GT-31. This is the only GPS unit currently recommended by International GPS Speed Sailing Organizations.
7) You may use your own GPS. However, only GT-11 and GT-31 units will be recognized.
8) We will have (10) GT-31 GPS units available for use by visiting sailors. You may use the GPS as long as you like. These will need to be shared if more than 10 racers are on the water at a time.
9) Please return your GPS to the Timekeeper immediately after sailing.
10) Please contact us one day in advance to:
..........a) schedule the Timekeeper.
..........b) reserve a GPS unit if needed.
11) There is no required course. You may sail anywhere on the lake.
12) We require the racers use a launching point assigned by the Timekeeper. This is necessary for a) proper registration of the racers; b) completing the Liability Release Form; c) the Timekeeper to inspect and reset the GPS units; d) downloading the GPS data files immediately after racing; and e) so that everyone gets a chance to try out all the great demo gear!
This is a safety issue. We need to sail as a group, and keep a close eye on the racers.
13) All runs must be witnessed. The Timekeeper will inspect and reset every GPS before and after each use. We will do our best to have officials available 7 days a week throughout the season.
14) Speed Sailing is a sport that may include risk. Please sail responsibly. The use of a Life Jacket and a Safety Helmet is recommended.
We will provide a Gath GEDI Windsurfing Helmet to any visiting racer without charge. These Premium Helmets were provided courtesy Murrays Wind & Water Sports.
15) We are not responsible for accidents.